DAY OF SURGERY
Arrive at the time instructed for your procedure. However, unforeseen circumstances may result in delays. Our staff will attempt to keep you informed, but feel free to make inquiries at the reception desk. To help meet all of your needs, please follow these guidelines.
- Please shower prior to coming in for surgery. Remove all makeup, lotion, powder, jewelry, and hair pieces.
- Brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing such as sweat suits, easy button shirts, or blouses that are large enough in case you have a large bandage after surgery and comfortable shoes.
- Leave all valuables at home.
- Bring a list of your medication(s), both prescription and non-prescription. Please include dosage(s) and when you take them.
- Be prepared to sign the form(s) giving your consent for the operation. If the patient is under 18, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the child and sign a consent form(s).
- Arrange in advance for a responsible adult to drive you home and to remain with you the first 24 hours after your surgery. You cannot drive yourself or be left alone. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation or reschedule of your surgery.
- Collect all necessary papers from your physician’s office. Bring all insurance information and legal picture ID with you to the Center. Failure to do so may also result in the cancellation or reschedule of your surgery.
- Arrive on time so that your surgery may begin as scheduled.
- A nurse will give you a gown, slippers, hat, & personal belongings bag to store your clothing during surgery. We will also check your temperature, pulse, & blood pressure, and may require a urine sample.
- Please do not eat or drink anything prior to surgery unless instructed by your doctor.
- Your family may wait in our comfortable front lobby.
- No food or drinks may be consumed in our waiting room.